Muriate of Potash (MOP)
Potassium Chloride or Muriate of Potash (MOP, or Potash as generic) is red- white crystal containing 60.0 percent Potassium Oxide (K2O). MOP is one of the major plant nutrients, and is completely soluble in water and therefore readily available to the crops. It is imported by PPL through various ports of India and is sold in the marketing territories along with other complex fertilisers. Jai Kisaan Navtratna MOP Fertiliser is sold in high quality HDPE bags of 50 kg.
|Potassium (K) %|
Application and Benefits of MOP (Muriate of Potash)
- Potassium promotes the development of strong stems and also promotes some resistance to diseases and pests;
- Imparts drought resistance in moisture stress plants;
- Aids in photosynthesis, food formation, improves colour, flavor and shelf life of vegetables and fruits;
- Band application is recommended for more efficient use of K;
- Ideally suitable for high K requiring crops like Sugarcane, Banana and other fruit crops.